Every parent prioritizes a child’s safety during car travel, but only a few take the wise step of investing in a toddler or newborn car seat. Every year, incidents occur that claim the lives of young children because they were not correctly strapped by their parents. Thus, if you love traveling and want to take your baby along, you should consider buying a car seat for 0 to 7 years old children.
Traveling with a newborn or toddler is not simple, and you need to evaluate the convenience and comfort of the little one. In several countries, using infant car seats is compulsory, but there is no such rule in India. However, as parents become aware of the value of a baby car seat, they are developing a solid notion of its relevance.
Here are some advantages of using a car seat for your little one.
- Safeguard the child: Indeed, a car seat for a 0 to 5 years old child is designed to keep your baby safe in case of a crash, but this is not the only purpose. Babies cannot control their bodies to stay steady when bumps or jolts occur during the ride. Unlike adults, they do not know how to react when the brakes are applied suddenly. Also, most toddlers feel sleepy during long rides, making them prone to tumble. A car seat solves all such problems and keeps you stress-free.
- Keeps all baby’s needs near him: As your baby grows and starts exploring his environment, he needs new things to keep himself entertained. When you buy a car seat for a newborn to 15 months old, you can keep his favorite toys and food within his reach, which keeps him happy during the trip.
- Work as multifunctional car seats: Some newborn baby car seats can be converted to carry cots, which you can use for carrying your child around in the market. Some can be used as booster seats when the child grows older.
Features to Consider While Choosing a Baby Car Seat
When you search for the best baby car seat for 1 year old, you need to look for some salient features to use the product in the best possible way. Let us crack the code and look at the vital elements:
- Tested car seats only: There are several car seats online, but not all are good. It would be best if you preferred tested and approved products since this indicates that your purchase meets all the safety standards defined by the regulatory authorities.
- Car seat as per your child: Car seats can be divided broadly into three groups: infant car seats for smaller babies, toddler car seats, and high-back booster seats. Choose the correct car seat for your child’s profile.
- Easy to install seats: You selected a baby car seat for 4 years old considering the above points but did not check the installation specs. This will be an issue since some car seat models have an ISOFIX mechanism, and your car needs to be compatible for proper attachment.
- Ample legroom: If you buy a seat for your one-year-old and want to use the car seat for 6 year old child in the future, go for a model that offers ample legroom since your child will grow in height, and if you buy a compact design, he may not be able to use the seat later.
Our Top 5 Picks - The Best Baby Car Seats from R for Rabbit Tested by Experts
You may be overwhelmed to see numerous ranges of car seats for 5 years old, but do not worry. Here are the top 5 car seats from R for Rabbit, which is a highly trusted brand in India.
₹ 14,697 (25% OFF) Shop Now
This is the best baby car seat for 2 year olds and can be used until your child is 12. It uses the ISOFIX mechanism for anchoring to the car seat base. This certified product has a 360-degree rotating seat, facilitating easy arrangement from rear-facing to front-facing as the child grows. It is the ideal car seat for growing kids due to the 5-point harness.
₹ 7,992 (14% OFF) Shop Now
This is the best option if you are buying a car seat for your infant and wish to use it as he grows. It can be used as a car seat for 7 year old kid by changing the rear-facing mode to front-facing.
An innovative and crash-tested seat states that the product has much-needed side impact protection. There are 3 recline positions to let your child rest and take a sound nap during long travels. The seat can be quickly removed and washed to ensure proper hygiene.
₹ 6,993 (16% OFF) Shop Now
R for Rabbit has designed the best car seat for 5 year old that has positive results for safety standards in crash tests. It attaches sturdily to the car seat base and absorbs shocks to calm your baby. You can use the 3-position recline feature to adjust the headrest for a comfortable angle. You can easily adjust the 5-point safety harness as your child grows.
₹ 7,497 (24% OFF) Shop Now
Available in different color combinations, this multifunctional model can be used as a car seat for 2 year old and later on as a car booster seat for 7 year old. You can adjust the headrest as per the child’s height. Padded wings are on both sides of the seat for side protection during an incident.
₹ 4,797 (17% OFF) Shop Now
One of the best-selling R for Rabbit baby car seats for 1 year old, this one is a premium and lightweight product. It is primarily for small kids, with a soft cushion and padded wings. Here are the different ways in which you can use Picaboo car seats.
Image: Add the Prouct that displays the features with Buy button
- Infant car seat: It serves the purpose it is designed for an infant car seat - a comfortable and safe way to travel.
- Carry cot: A carry cot proves to be very useful for parents who want to carry their child around quickly rather than holding them in their arms, which can irritate the baby. It has a canopy to shield your little one from the sun.
- Rocker: Every baby loves to spend time in a rocker, and Picaboo fulfills these needs. You can let your baby have a short nap while you work around.
- Feeding chair: Feeding an infant during travel can be stressful since the child’s head needs to be in the correct position. With the Picaboo feeding chair, you have nothing to worry about as it is designed perfectly to cater to this aspect.
The chair is well-equipped with an adjustable safety belt and handle. It is a certified model that ensures you buy the best safety gear for your tiny tot.
Mistakes Parents Make When Choosing a Car Seat and How to Avoid Them
When searching for the best car seat for a 3 year old, parents tend to make a few mistakes. You are buying a car seat for your child’s safety; therefore, there is no scope for any error.
#1: Buying a second-hand car seat because it is cheaper than a new one
Most parents tend to get attracted to second-hand deals since this helps them save money. But remember that a car seat for a 3 year old comes with an expiry date.
So, if you buy an expired product to save, you ought to be disappointed later. Also, not every car seat is suitable for your baby or compatible with your car. Therefore, investing in a new car seat for your 5 year old is recommended, as you can be sure of buying the best one for your kid.
#2: Not researching properly
You indeed aim at buying the best car seat for a 4 year old, but if you choose a product randomly, based on its look, it is a big mistake. Buying a car seat takes patience and time.
Numerous brands and products are available online, and you must thoroughly research them before planning. First, choose a trustworthy brand and compare the different models that match your travel needs. It is a time-consuming but fruitful process since, in the end, you will get the best-suited car seat for your baby.
#3: No planning for the future
You may be buying a booster car seat for a 3-year-old child and may find an appropriate option, but what happens when you want to use it as a car seat for a 6 year old? If you plan for the future, you will choose a car seat that can also be used for older kids.
Moving Forward with Choosing the Best Baby Car Seats for Kids
Now that you know the features to consider, the best car seats online, and the mistakes to avoid, you are all set to buy a perfect car seat for your little traveler. Browse the options on the R for Rabbit website and take a step towards a fun, safe trip.