Securing Your Baby in a High Chair: How to Properly Fasten Your Baby in a High Chair For Safety
Stress-free feeding is the most crucial aspect for both babies and moms since it directly impacts the bonding and overall development of the child. A child who stays uncomfortable and irritated during feeding time complicates the process, and running behind a baby to fill that little tummy is very tiring. Most mothers now prefer to secure the baby in a high chair and engage to ensure the tummy time is enjoyable and quick.
Undoubtedly, a high chair is a boon, but some safety aspects are involved in using this baby high chair to avoid any incidents. In this blog post, we aim to render guidelines that would help mommies make the best use of their baby high chair along with proper safety.
Significance of Baby High Chair Safety
When we talk about baby high chair safety, it is essential to understand its necessity. Here are some benefits of fastening the straps appropriately:
- Prevents falls and injuries - Young children are always full of energy and love roaming around and exploring, so making them sit in one place during feeding is a challenge. Strapping the baby on a high chair helps prevent the little one from falling, saving him from injuries.
- Allows baby to sit upright - Sitting upright is important during feeding so the food does not choke. Your baby will chew the food properly before swallowing, which makes digestion proper.
- Reduces fussiness - When you fasten a baby in a high chair for every meal, he understands that he needs to sit correctly and eat without making a fuss. This scenario makes the process easy and enjoyable for the tiny tot and mother.
- Let us focus on feeding - Some mothers feed their babies during playtime or screen time, but this is not the right approach since it takes a lot of effort to make the baby focus on feeding rather than toys or TV. Introducing a high chair at the right time makes the baby focus on feeding rather than other things around him.
What Aspects to Look For When Picking the Best High Chair
If you are a mother who plans to introduce the Kids high chair, you should be aware of essential pointers to select the best high chair. Trusted brands follow the Indian baby high chair guidelines to manufacture top-quality products, and thus, you should always buy from a reliable baby high chair manufacturer. Here are the selection criteria that mommies need to note for the best purchase:
- Sturdy frame with wide base - The feeding chair chosen for your baby should have a sturdy metal frame with an appropriate design and broad base to ensure the stability of the structure. The best high chair for Indian babies supports their weight and build, and thus, mothers can use the product for a long time without any concerns.
- Adjustable and 3-point harness - A good quality high chair comes with an adjustable, 3-point harness that can be fastened according to the baby’s needs. Thus, it grows with the baby and can be adjusted with the least effort.
- Crotch post or between-legs strap - A crotch strap further enhances security and makes the sitting position comfortable.
- Buckles that click securely - The modern high chairs come with click and secure buckles so mothers do not have to struggle with the strapping process before every meal. Just fix the strap length, click the buckle, and you are ready to go.
Steps to Properly Secure Your Baby in a High Chair
Here is a step-by-step guide to fasten your baby in a high chair in the precise manner that every mother should be aware of and should practice without any mistakes.
- Seat height - Every child is different, so you should adjust the seat height appropriately so that the child’s feet touch the footrest for proper support. As your child grows, you should increase the height but make sure you tighten the screws properly each time you change the adjustments.
- Waist strap - When you feed the baby, fasten the waist strap below the child’s waist since a tightened harness on the tummy might make him uncomfortable during feed.
- Crotch strap - The crotch strap aims to further secure the baby, as with the waist strap, the child may still be able to sway, which can be risky. The crotch strap ensures proper position and is essential.
- Shoulder straps - If your child is a fussy eater and doesn’t want to stay in the high chair, you need to use the shoulder straps for safety. Make sure you do not tighten the straps too much, as your child will become irritated. The shoulder straps should fit snugly and should be taken off only after the meal is over. If you practice proper strapping regularly, your baby will get used to it and will not create a fuss anymore.
4 Tips for Safe Use of High Chairs
Your aim of buying a high chair is to achieve a quick and calm feeding environment for your growing angel; thus, you need to be aware of the high chair safety tips. These tips will help you attain your goals with ease and comfort.
- Do not leave the child unattended - Whenever you put your child in the high chair for feeding, you should be around him during this time so that there are no accidents. Leaving the baby is risky and may also make the baby uneasy. Even if you are trying to introduce self-feeding to your child, make sure you sit with him till he finishes the meal.
- Replace the damaged parts - When you use the high chair regularly, loose or damaged parts are normal. However, you need to be vigilant and take quick action by replacing the damaged part, as ignoring this may mean compromising the baby’s security.
- Place the high chair appropriately - Whenever you put your baby in the high chair for feeding, you should try to place it precisely, away from tables and counters, so that the baby does not grasp the edges during feeding.
- Remove bib strings and choking hazards - After every meal, you should remove the bib and other choking hazards before allowing the tiny tot to resume his activity or playtime.
Moving Forward with Selecting High Chairs for Your Kid
As a dotting mommy, you should always make sure to use the harness correctly and stay around the baby during feeding time. A premium baby high chair comes with all essential safety features, mainly a 3-point harness and adjustable straps, which indeed is a critical buying criterion. Whenever you buy a high chair, read the manual carefully since it will help you understand the guidelines properly for best use.
If you are searching for the best quality high chair, browse through the various models from R for Rabbit that have been carefully designed with innovative features for the best utility and safety. You will find fantastic product features for varied age groups at unbelievable prices.